I do not know Maria Mateiciuc, but she claims she recently visited Ukraine and presents a persuasive case about the desperate situation Ukraine is facing. She has a X (formerly Twitter) account and appears to be a legit person. I do not think she is a bot or someone hired to tell a tragic story. She posted what she says is an image of her passport from her recent trip to Ukraine. Read her post. What do you think?
I just got back from Ukraine, where I was visiting some friends. Everything we have heard about what’s happening in Ukraine is a lie. The reality is darker, bleaker, and unequivocally hopeless. There is no such thing as Ukraine “winning” this war.
– By their estimates, they have lost over one million of their sons, fathers and husbands; an entire generation is gone.
– Even in the Southwest, where the anti-Russian sentiment is long-standing, citizens are reluctant or straight-up scared to publicly criticize Zelensky; they will go to jail.
– In every village and town, the streets, shops, and restaurants are mostly absent of men.
– The few men who remain are terrified of leaving their homes for fear of being kidnapped into conscription. Some have resorted to begging friends to break their legs to avoid service.
– Army search parties take place early in the morning, when men leave their homes to go to work. They ambush and kidnap them off the streets and within 3-4 hours they get listed in the army and taken away straight to the front lines with minimal or no training at all; it is “a death sentence.”
– It’s getting worse every day. Where I was staying, a dentist had just been taken by security forces on his way to work, leaving behind two small children. Every day, 3-5 dead bodies keep arriving from the front lines.
– Mothers and wives fight tooth and nail with the armed forces, beg and plead not to have their men taken away. They try bribing, which sometimes works, but most of the time they are met with physical violence and death threats.
– The territory celebrated as having been “won back” from Russia has been reduced to rubble and is uninhabitable. Regardless, there is no one left to live there and displaced families will likely never return. – They see the way the war has been reported, at home and abroad. It’s a “joke” and “propaganda.” They say: “Look around: is this winning?”.
– Worse, some have been hoaxed into believing that once Ukrainians forces are exhausted, American soldiers will come in to replace them and “win the war”. There is no ambiguity in these people. The war was for nothing – a travesty. The outcome always was, and is, clear. The people are hopeless, utterly destroyed, and living in an unending nightmare. They are pleading for an end, any end – most likely the same “peace” that could have been achieved two years ago.
In their minds, they have already lost, for their sons, fathers and husbands are gone, and their country has been destroyed. There is no “victory” that can change that. Make no mistake, they are angry with Putin. But they are also angry with Zelensky and the West.
They have lost everything, worst of all, hope and faith, and cannot comprehend why Zelensky wishes to continue the current trajectory, the one of human devastation.
I didn’t witness the war; but what I saw was absolutely heart-breaking.
Shame on the people, regardless of their intentions, who have supported this war. And shame on the media for continuing to lie about it.
She is absolutely right about the media and political leaders in the West lying about the reality of Ukraine’s military situation on the ground and the public mood in Ukraine’s cities west of the Dnieper River. There is a report today that Russia has made significant progress in capturing Avdeevka:
As a result of an unexpected attack, the Russians broke through the defenses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the southern outskirts of Avdiivka. In a few hours, the Russians managed to cover several kilometers and enter the central part of the city. The Ukrainian Armed Forces are retreating in a decentralized manner in the north, in the direction of the chemical plant, which increases the risk for individual units of being surrounded.
At this point it does not matter whether the U.S. Congress approves Biden’s request to send Ukraine $61 billion. Ukraine lacks the one thing it needs to remain a viable threat on the front — trained, experienced troops.
Trending: BREAKING: Professor and Election Expert J. Halderman Hacks into Dominion Voting Machine Tabulator in Court on Friday in Georgia in front of Judge Totenberg USING ONLY A PEN TO CHANGE VOTE TOTALS