Trump Tasks Military With an ‘Oil Quarantine’ Against Venezuela, as Economic Pressure Is Chosen for Now Over Military Action | The Gateway Pundit | by Paul Serran


Trump Tasks Military With an ‘Oil Quarantine’ Against Venezuela, as Economic Pressure Is Chosen for Now Over Military Action

Military naval vessels operate in the ocean while aircraft perform maneuvers above in a clear blue sky.
Screengrab/social media X

Venezuela’s oil industry under maximum pressure.

In Venezuela, land of the desperate ‘tyrant of Caracas’ Nicolas Maduro, Christmas ‘began on October 1st’, as we reported previously here on TGP.

And now that the extended holidays are over, the socialist regime will have to deal with the veritable siege imposed by the US and its unprecedented armada.

Venezuela is running out of storage space for its oil production since some ships are being seized and many others turned around and left.

Also, satellite images reveal that a US amphibious assault group is heading towards Venezuela. The major US naval convoy include the special operations command ship Ocean Trader and the USS Iwo Jima.

Now, it arises that Donald J. Trump has directed US forces to enforce ‘an oil quarantine’ against Venezuela for at least the next two months.

These moves lead many to think that the Trump team will focus on economic rather than military means to pressure Caracas into ousting Maduro.

Reuters reported:

“’While military options still exist, the focus is to first use economic pressure by enforcing sanctions to reach the outcome the White House is looking (for)’, [a US] official said on Wednesday, speaking on condition of anonymity.”

“While President Donald Trump has been publicly coy about his precise aims regarding Venezuela, he has privately pressured Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to flee the nation, Reuters has reported. Trump said on Monday it would be smart for Maduro to leave power.

‘The efforts so far have put tremendous pressure on Maduro, and the belief is that by late January, Venezuela will be facing an economic calamity unless it agrees to make significant concessions to the U.S.,’ the official said.”

Read  more:

Additional Special Operations Aircraft Deployed to the Caribbean for the Siege of Venezuela (VIDEOS)

Photo of author

Paul Serran is a Brazilian writer and musician, a contributor to The Gateway Pundit since 2023. Follow him on X | Truth Social

You can email Paul Serran here, and read more of Paul Serran's articles here.

 

Dear Reader - The enemies of freedom are choking off the Gateway Pundit from the resources we need to bring you the truth. Since many asked for it, we now have a way for you to support The Gateway Pundit directly - and get ad-reduced access. Plus, there are goodies like a special Gateway Pundit coffee mug for supporters at a higher level. You can see all the options by clicking here - thank you for your support!

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Telegram
Tumblr